November 3, 2023
SKALE October Engineering Updates: Block Explorer Upgrades, IMA.js 2.0 Release, and More
The SKALE network continues to evolve and thrive, with a constant stream of upgrades aimed at improving its performance and user experience. This engineering update, will highlight some of the recent developments, including the migration of the mainnet block explorers, the release of IMA.js 2.0, progress in Metaport 2.0 testing, network releases, SKALE chain pricing, the SKALE Data Center, and the new Chain Status Page.
Mainnet Block Explorers Upgraded
SKALE has taken a significant step forward in improving its infrastructure by finalizing the migration of all mainnet block explorers to the new, upgraded version. These upgrades are designed to better serve high-performance dApps on the SKALE network, and ensures smoother navigation and a more efficient user experience for all SKALE developers and users.
IMA.js 2.0 Release
The release of IMA.js 2.0 marks a pivotal moment in SKALE's development journey. This release includes several important updates:
- Transition to ethers.js version 6.7, eliminating the dependency on web3js.
- Adoption of the tslog library for improved debugging and log management.
- Introduction of native BigInt support from ethers v6, enhancing the handling and accuracy of large integer values and eliminating the need for the bignumber.js library.
- Enhanced TypeScript typing, making the codebase more type-safe and helping developers catch potential errors at compile-time.
These improvements in IMA.js pave the way for a more efficient and robust SKALE ecosystem.
Finalizing Testing of Metaport 2.0
Metaport 2.0 is in the final stages of testing and promises substantial enhancements to user interaction and experience. These optimizations are geared toward improving how users engage with the SKALE network, ensuring a seamless experience for developers and participants. The screenshot below is a preview of the upgraded Metaport UX!
The SKALE developer community is constantly working on enhancing the network’s fundamental framework. The following network releases are either in progress or already implemented:
- Version 2.2 is undergoing load and performance testing, and once pushed to mainnet will offer increased stability for high performance dApps.
- Version 2.2.2 has enabled debug-trace for archive nodes and includes other upgrades to improve the Ethereum compatibility.
- Version 2.3 is currently implementing an on-chain oracle, which will further expand the capabilities of the SKALE network. This release also focuses on upgraded contract deployment management, automated IP changes, and streamlined transaction broadcasting through sync nodes.
These releases represent a significant step forward in making the SKALE network even more versatile and efficient.
SKALE Chain Pricing
SKALE governance is close to the final stages of implementing a paid chain subscription model, and development is underway. Once finalized, SKALE will become the first blockchain network to implement a decentralized chain subscription model, providing validators with an additional source of revenue. This move underscores SKALE's commitment to innovation and sustainability for all players in the ecosystem. Dig into the governance proposal on the SKALE forum!
The SKALE developer community has recently released an upgraded Dune dashboard. This upgrade offers increased data availability from SKALE operations on the Ethereum Mainnet, providing valuable insights and information for users and developers. Check out the SKALE Data Center here!
The Chain Status Page is a valuable resource for monitoring the status of all SKALE app chains live on the mainnet. This page empowers users and developers to keep track of the health and performance of the SKALE network, ensuring a seamless experience.
The SKALE developer community continues to demonstrate its dedication to growth and improvement through a series of recent engineering updates. From upgraded block explorers and the release of IMA.js 2.0 to the ongoing development of Metaport 2.0 and network releases, SKALE is paving the way for a more robust and user-friendly blockchain ecosystem. With innovations like decentralized chain pricing and the SKALE Data Center, the network is positioned for success in the rapidly evolving blockchain landscape.
SKALE is the world's fastest blockchain, designed for fast, secure, user-centric Ethereum scaling. SKALE chains offer zero gas fees to end-users and have advanced features such as ML/AI smart contracts, on-chain file storage, interchain messaging, zero-cost minting, and enhanced security features.
The SKALE Network enables developers to deploy their own EVM blockchain in minutes without sacrificing speed, security, or decentralization. Welcome to the SKALEverse.