March 19, 2022
SKALE V2 Product update
Hi Everyone, Chadwick Strange here, VP product for SKALE. It’s been an extraordinary last month in so many ways, not just because of all the code the core team has been delivering, but even more for the environment they’ve been doing it in. Huge props to the team for being so focused under such extreme circumstances. In the continued spirit of developing in public, here’s the update.
- As of Wednesday, March 16, four V2 staging chains were released, with more ready to be delivered. These all contain the complete set of V2 features and are in the hands of key customers and we are looking forward to getting their feedback.
- There is one bug that is being resolved as we speak. This won’t have any impact on the staging release and we anticipate a very quick resolution.
- This bug will be QA tested next week and we will have a release candidate with the fix ready for testnet by later next week. This will kick off a testnet validator update which will help everything move forward.
- Testnet will proceed for two weeks, which will be followed by a mainnet update around April 14th.
- The team just completed the code4rena IMA audit sponsor review and we're excited to find out that no critical issues were uncovered. This is an important audit as several minor issues were identified that will be addressed in future releases. These will further strengthen the security of the IMA bridge and keep developers confident as they build their dapps on SKALE.
- All of this puts us within sight to have the validators fully upgrade the SKALE Network. Unlike a traditional software release, this is a decentralized effort across 46 Validator orgs running 150+ nodes. That means that upgrading the network takes place over several days as Validators often run different hardware configurations and different software. It’s one of the costs of running a decentralized network over other solutions that only have a partially decentralized (or effectively centralized) network that can get up and running more quickly.
Developers and validators alike have been incredibly excited about what V2 will allow them to do. We’re ecstatic with all of the contributions as we really looked to those communities to help with a more distributed (and effective) QA and testing process. Here comes V2!!
SKALE is an Ethereum native multi-chain network composed of an unlimited number of secure, decentralized, high-performance blockchains for bringing NFTs, DeFi, and Web3 to billions of users. SKALE’s highly configurable platform was built to support an ever-expanding set of Dapp-specific chains that run without centralized dependencies. Plus, SKALE’s unique pooled security system and containerized node architecture enable developers to deliver a high-speed, seamless user experience without gas fees or latency.
SKALE’s open-source platform provides quick consensus with fast block times and instant finality and includes EVM compatibility, on-chain NFT file storage, rollup contract execution, zero-cost minting, and gasless transactions, and machine learning smart contract functionality.
For more information
Dapp Developers interested in utilizing SKALE for a project, please apply to the SKALE innovator program.
Documentation on deploying a Dapp to SKALE can be found in the Developer Portal.
To learn more about the SKALE $SKL token, please visit our SKL Token page.