January 29, 2023
SKALE AMA Recap with Jack O'Holleran and Chadwick Strange
If you didn't get a chance to watch the SKALE AMA, take a moment to watch the recap here. Or, check out the TLDR
- V2.1's primary goal is to provide increased stability for high performance dapps as well as addressing some technical debt and bugs. Key fixes focused on improving efficiency for memory allocations and the ability to handle massive data loads. It’s a huge release and is currently in testing and should be pushed out sometime in February.
- High performance Dapps (HPDs) are a key target market for SKALE as they key in on SKALE”s unique ability to handle high transactions, fast throughput and massive volumes. The gasless nature of SKALE also means developers are freed from the limits on compute power due to gas fees, allowing them to create totally new, never before considered applications.
- SKALE is transaction fee free (no gas cost), but not fee free. It’s an important distinction because it means SKALE has a decentralized business model that’s future proofed. Developers pay the monthly fee for their SKALE chains, while removing the per transaction cost for consumers. It’s like Uber, where you pay for an Uber ride, but as a consumer you don’t have to pay a separate fee for Uber’s use of AWS. This creates a consumer friendly experience.
- There are two goals for Q1. The first goal for Q1 is stability of the network and the IMA bridge. Second is UX improvements.
- ZK proofs have three issues (which are why there’s no full on layer 2 rollups in the real world in a meaningful way). 1 - it’s really expensive (it takes a lot of compute power). 2 - there’s a lot of latency (it takes a long time to get to finality). 3 - It’s centralized (today’s it’s just people running things on servers and it’s not decentralized at all).
- Metaverse invaders, Of gods and men and Tank Wars will be some of the next games coming out on SKALE.
- SKALE will be doing more work with Crypto/Blockchain analysts, as well as being included in upcoming reports from folks like Dartmouth Blockchain. We’ll also be doing more with Podcasts, news outlets and more. In addition we’re working with partners and dapps closely to amplify their, and ultimately SKALE’s benefits.
- All SKALE chains get SKALE file storage as a part of their SKALE chain, and it’s all stored securely and in a decentralized fashion.
- ETH Shanghai is really an upgrade allowing stakers to withdraw rewards and it doesn’t have any impact on SKALE at this time. We’re always monitoring though.
- Don’t forget to check out the SKALE Stats webpage, nearly 50 Million transactions on the network.
For more information on SKALE
SKALE is an Ethereum native, modular blockchain network composed of high-throughput, low-latency blockchains that are optimized for Web3 user experience. SKALE chains offer zero gas fees to end-users and have advanced features such as on-chain file storage, interchain messaging, zero-cost minting, ML/AI smart contracts, and enhanced security features.
The SKALE network enables developers to deploy their own EVM blockchain in minutes without sacrificing speed, security, or decentralization. Welcome to the SKALEverse.