September 5, 2019
How to Win a ðŸ¦„ Devcon 5 ðŸ¦„ Scholarship from SKALE
SKALE has just announced a highly coveted prize for Ethereal Blocks hackers — a funded trip to Devcon 5. This prize includes the ticket to Devcon 5 (yes — *the* ticket!), and flight to Osaka, Japan.
As you know, it is nearly impossible to get a ticket to Devcon. This year, for example, tickets in all three waves sold out in mere seconds. We have good news for you — SKALE will award a Devcon 5 ticket to the best dApp built with the use of SKALE’s decentralized stack at Ethereal Blocks online hackathon.
Ethereal Blocks is a virtual hackathon organized by ConsenSys and Gitcoin and open from Aug 28 to Sept 11, 2019. It serves as a lead up to the Ethereal Tel Aviv conference on September 15. This is a massive decentralized hackathon that will remotely bring together hackers from all over the world to work on truly exciting projects for over two weeks.
SKALE is giving away bounties to the top dApp submissions to deploy to SKALE or use one or more features of SKALE's decentralized stack. Submissions will be judged based on the quality of ideas and UX. The breakdown of the bounties is as follows:
- Trip to Devcon 5 in Osaka, Japan (Devcon 5 ticket + roundtrip airfare) for the overall winner
- Several $500 Bounties (to be paid in Dai):
- 2 winners of $500 for dApps that deploy smart contracts to SKALE (deployment is easy and takes just a couple of lines of code). Here are some code samples.
- 1 winner of $500 for a dApp that uses the SKALE Decentralized FileStorage
- 1 winner of $500 for a dApp that uses SKALE Interchain Transfer (currently supports ETH, Dai, ERC-20, and ERC-721)
SKALE is an Ethereum compatible network of SKALE Chain. Each SKALE Chain can provide decentralized storage, run EVM with full-state smart contracts, and can process over 2,000 transactions per second with sub-second blocktimes.
SKALE is fully interoperable across the entire Ethereum ecosystem, supports your favorite developer tools (Web3.js, Web3.py, Truffle, ...), all key wallets (Portis, Bitsky, Metamask), as well as all major token standards and stablecoins.
To get started with SKALE
- Get your SKALE chain here
- Build anything you like
- Enjoy instant finality while staying fully decentralized
Deadline for submissions is on September 11 at 11:59 pm, Eastern Time.
Register here for a chance to win the Devcon 5 prize, or here to contend for one of the four prepared 500 DAI rewards, instead. Winners will be announced on September 15.
We hope to see you in Japan!
Feel free to join us on Discord and visit our Developer Documentation. For a deeper dive into SKALE’s technology, check out our Technical Overview and Consensus Overview.